Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
This strawberry cheesecake recipe is low in carbohydrates. It isn’t for those on a keto diet (I have added how you can make it keto below). However, if you’re just keeping your carbs low, this is great for you!
I love cheesecake, so when I switched to a low carb diet I was gutted that I wouldn’t be able to eat it anymore. I scowled the internet for low carb cheesecakes, but none of them tasted as good. So, I tried a little tweaking here and there, and found one that tastes just like cheesecake (because it is cheesecake), I’ve just lowered the carbohydrate content.
Strawberry cheesecake recipe – low carbohydrates
- Easy to make
- Prep. time 20-25 mins
- At least 4 hours to set
- Serves 6-8
- Based on 8 servings, each serving contains approx. 10g carbohydrates
- In a food processor, blast the digestive biscuits until they form a breadcrumb consistency. Or, alternatively, place biscuits in a food bag, do up, and beat with a rolling pin.
- Add to bowl along with ground almonds and melted butter. Mix well
- Place contents into a 20cm cake tin and flatten using the back of a spoon. Put in fridge.
- Add double cream into a bowl. Whisk for a few minutes until it thickens a little.
- Add cream cheese, sugar substitute and strawberries, and continue to whisk.
- Add mixture on top of your crumb base. Smooth over and place back in the fridge to set. It will need at least 4 hours to set. Best when left overnight.
To make this cheesecake completely sugar free you could try these keto digestive biscuits, or just use all ground almonds and no biscuits. you would need 170g ground almonds in that case.
you may also like:
Apple + strawberry crumble – low in carbs
On a low carb diet and craving sweet puddings? Then this low carb apple + strawberry crumble is for you.
Chocolate Tray Bake Cake – Sugar-free
You can’t even notice this delicious chocolatey cake is sugar-free. It will have you going back for more.